The market segment of virtual worlds with an average user age between 15 to 25 is, we believe, THE one to watch over the next 12 to 18 months. Why? Several reasons:
- The largest world is the market, Habbo, resides in the sector and has considerable ‘clout’. With an active user base as large as Habbo’s it’s the perfect testing ground for emerging initiatives such as branded virtual goods, simulcasting/real-event integration and product extension.
- Monetisation: Users in this segment have direct purchasing ability. Finding new ways to achieve monetisation could yield significant upsides.
- Mobile devices: This is the texting generation. Expect to see greater integration of mobile devices in the forthcoming year.
- New entrants: There’s some extremely interesting new propositions coming to market.
- IMVU: Those guys are always up to something interesting. No laurel-resting here.
Here’s the Universe segment for virtual worlds with an average user age of 15 to 25.
The entire report can be ordered here. Continue reading →