Legends of Oz Branded Virtual Goods in Blocksworld
Branded virtual goods (BVG’s) are a great way for brands and IPs to connect with target audiences playing games. Typically, virtual goods inside games and virtual worlds based on real-world brands are at least 5x more popular than non-branded equivalents.
We’re one of the pioneers in the BVG arena, having developed campaigns for brands such as L’Oreal Paris inside Second Life and Dancing with the Stars/ Strictly Come Dancing inside Stardoll.
The latest campaign we’ve forged is between upcoming Legends of Oz movie and popular 3D building game , from Linden Lab (creators of Second Life). Blocksworld has over 1m downloads from the App Store and over 400,000 user-generated worlds have been created.
With the new branded virtual goods set, players will be able to create and play with content and characters from the upcoming animated feature film, slated for release on May 9, 2014.
The Legends of Oz set will include:
- 25 new props and decals players can use to create playable versions of characters from the film, including Dorothy, Toto, Tin Man, Cowardly Lion, Scarecrow, and more.
- Four new puzzle challenges and step-by-step building experiences in which players can re-create iconic scenes from the movie
- A new world of terrain to build in, featuring the Emerald City, Jester’s Castle, and dynamic lighting effects
- The new Four-Legged Block – great for creating small creatures like Toto and bringing them to life
- New action controls, expanding Blocksworld’s drag-and-drop visual scripting language to make it easy to control multiple characters in the worlds that players create
We’ll be announcing some other exciting branded virtual goods campaigns next week. In the meantime, here’ a promo video for the Legends of Oz in Blocksworld campaign.